Delta Gamma House Architectural Drawings
Acquisition And Processing Information
The drawings had been held by sorority alumnus Elinor McCroskey since shortly after construction; she gave them to Linda B. Chaplin in 2013, who in turn donated them to the Archives. They were received at the WSU Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections on October 17, 2013 as accession UA2013-13, and processed that same day by University Archivist Mark O'English.
Number of items: 18 drawings
Number of containers: 1 folder
Linear feet of shelf space: 3.5
Washington State University's Beta Omega chapter of the national Delta Gamma sorority was established in 1946. They were initially housed at 906 Thatuna (as of 2013 this location is the parking lot northwest of the old Bookie), and in 1949 moved to a newly constructed building at 603 Linden (Pullman's address system changed in 1972, at which point 603 Linden became 715 Linden). The building was renovated circa 1995, and as of 2013 Delta Gamma remains in that house.
The collection consists of 18 contractor's drawings, approximately 22"x34" in size, of the Delta Gamma sorority house at NE 715 Linden in Pullman, WA. These were contractor copies, and are stamped with approval notices from city of Pullman inspectors. The drawings were created for a 1995 partial renovation of the sorority house originally constructed in 1949. The collection is 18 drawings: 9 architectural, 4 mechanical, and 5 electrical.
The collection is maintained in the original contractor's arrangement.
The entirety of this collection is located in MASC's oversized maps cases.
This collection is open and available for research use. Copyright may apply.
The suggested citation for the collection is:
Delta Gamma House Architectural Drawings, 1994-1995 (Archives 336)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Washington State University Libraries