Guide to the Architecture Department Carpenter Hall Rededication Records 1991-1992
Archives 314

Summary Information

Repository
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries
Title
Architecture Department Carpenter Hall Rededication Records
ID
Archives 314
Date [inclusive]
1991-1992
Extent
1.0 box
General Physical Description note
.25 Linear feet of shelf space
Language
English
Abstract
This collection consists of documentation created in preparation for the rededication ceremony, including planning and the history, of Carpenter Hall.

Preferred Citation note

[Item Description] Architecture Department Carpenter Hall Rededication Records, 1991-1992 (Archives 314)

Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.

Return to Table of Contents »


Biographical/Historical note

In 1991, WSU renovated its historic Carpenter Hall and rededicated it for the School of Architecture. Robert Weaver, the first head of the Architecture department, designed the original Mechanic Arts Building, which was constructed ca. 1915 (due to various restrictions, it was not fully completed until 1926). It received its current name in 1949, in honor of Hubert Vincent Carpenter, former Dean for the College of Mechanic Arts. In 1990, the university began renovations and held a rededication ceremony on April 25, 1992.

Return to Table of Contents »


Scope and Contents note

This collection was likely the personal files of Professor Robert Allen, event coordinator. It consists of documentation created in preparation for the rededication ceremony, including planning and the history of Carpenter Hall.

Return to Table of Contents »


Arrangement note

The collection was rearranged into a subject-based organization, with documents relating to the planning of the rededication ceremony preceding items relating to the history of Carpenter Hall.

Return to Table of Contents »


Administrative Information

Publication Information

Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries © 2016

http://www.libraries.wsu.edu/masc
Terrell Library
P.O. Box 645610
Pullman, WA, 99164-5610
509-335-6691
mascref@wsu.edu

Conditions Governing Access note

This collection is open and available for research use.

Conditions Governing Use note

Materials are subject to copyright.

Immediate Source of Acquisition note

The materials in this collection were received at the Washington State University Libraries’ Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC) on November 8th 1996 from WSU's Architecture Department and retained as UA96-14.

Processing Information note

This collection was processed in February, 2012 by PhD History student Shawna Herzog.

Return to Table of Contents »


Controlled Access Headings

Corporate Name(s)

  • Washington State University -- Buildings -- History
  • Washington State University. Carpenter Hall -- Archives

Subject(s)

  • Architecture
  • Colleges and Universities
  • Washington (State)

Return to Table of Contents »


Collection Inventory

Box item

Rededication brochures, attendee lists, calendars, invitations, correspondence, 1991-1992 

1 1

Building plan descriptions for exhibit by David Rash, 1991-1992 

1 2

Historical programs, photos, information, 1915-1949 (photocopies) 

1 3