Back to Finding Aids
Washington State University Libraries
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Pullman, WA 99164-5610 USA
(509) 335-6691
Inquiries

Archives 304
College of Engineering and Architecture
Records, 1961-1997

ACQUISITION AND PROCESSING INFORMATION

This collection was donated to the Washington State University (WSU) Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC) on January 18th, 2011 by Tina Hilding of WSU's College of Engineering and Architecture. It was accessioned as UPC2011-01. This portion of that collection was processed in February 2011 by Library and Information Science graduate student Katrina Burch; photographic materials were removed and processed separately. The collection was received in a sequence of large three-ring binders which were discarded during processing.

EXTENT/QUANTITY INFORMATION

Number of containers: 2 boxes
Linear feet of shelf space: 1.5

ORGANIZATIONAL HISTORY

The departments which became the College of Engineering and Architecture at Washington State University were in place when the school opened in 1892, with the first graduates in 1897. In 1946, reorganization established the Washington State Institute of Technology as the entity which included the academic departments as the College of Engineering, the School of Mines, the Division of Industrial Research and the Division of Industrial Service. The Institute was again reorganized in July 1966 into a College of Engineering with academic departments, a Research Division and a Technical Extension Service. In 1984, it was redefined as the College of Engineering and Architecture.

COLLECTION DESCRIPTION & ARRANGEMENT

The collection consists of promotional and historical pieces created by the College of Engineering and Architecture. Included in the collection are news releases, research reports, student scholarship announcements, and other promotional announcements.

The collection was kept in the original order. It is alphabetically by subject, and then chronologically within each subject.

RELATED MATERIALS

Photographic images received with this collection were separated out and processed as Photo Collection 143. MASC holds many records from various predecessors and subunits of and to the College of Engineering and Architecture; these can be found by browsing the University Archives holdings and the Archives accessions.

ACCESS

This collection is open and available for research use. Copyright restrictions may apply.

PREFERRED CITATION

The suggested citation for the collection is:

[Item Description]
College of Engineering and Architecture Records, 1961-1997 (UA 304)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Washington State University Libraries
Pullman, WA

Box Folder Description
1 1 History of Engineering and Architecture, 1994
2 In the News College of Engineering and Architecture, press releases and clippings, 1992-1993
3-4 In the News College of Engineering and Architecture, press releases and clippings, 1995
5 In the News College of Engineering and Architecture, press releases and clippings, 1996
6 Misc. papers Communications and memos, 1992
7 Misc. papers Desk directory, news releases log file, index, and print samples 1991-1994
8 News Releases, 1984
9 News Releases, 1985
10 News Releases, 1986
11 News Releases, 1987 and January 1988
12 News Releases, February through April 1988
13 News Releases, April through September 1988
14 News Releases, October through December 1988
15 News Releases, January and February 1989
16 News Releases, March and April 1989
17 News Releases, May through July 1989
18 News Releases, August and September 1989
19 News Releases, October through December 1989
20 News Releases, January through October 1990
2 21 News Releases, 1991-1992
22 News Releases and clippings 1997
23 Research Reports, 1961-1975
24 Research Reports, 1976-1980
25 Research Reports, history, and timeline, 1981-1988
26 Student Scholarships and news clippings A-M, 1988-1993
27 Student Scholarships and news clippings N-Z, 1988-1993
28 "WSU gets Largest Donation Ever" Mentor Graphics, 1992