Preliminary Guide to the Hislop Sheep Company and Hislop and Sons records
MS.1977.48

Summary Information

Repository
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries
Title
Hislop Sheep Company and Hislop and Sons Records
ID
MS.1977.48
Date [inclusive]
1920-1970
Extent
72.0 Linear feet 55 boxes.
Location Note
(MASC Staff Use: 2-6-28-1)
Language
English
Languages
Materials are in English.

Return to Table of Contents »


Biographical/Historical note

The Hislop Sheep Company operated out of Spokane and Granger, Washington from 1920 to 1948, when the company became Hislop and Sons, continuing to 1970. By the 1950s, Hislop and Sons expanded their business to include poultry as well as sheep.

Return to Table of Contents »


Scope and Contents note

This collection consists of business records of Hislop Sheep Co. (1919-1948) and Hislop and Sons (1948-1970). A partial preliminary inventory listing is available.

Return to Table of Contents »


Organization of Collection

This is an unprocessed collection. It has not yet been arranged.

Return to Table of Contents »


Administrative Information

Publication Information

Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries

http://www.wsulibs.wsu.edu/masc
Terrell Library
P.O. Box 645610
Pullman, WA, 99164-5610
509-335-6691
mascref@wsu.edu

Access

This collection is open and available for research use.

Acquisition Information

This collection was donated by George Hislop to the Washington State University Libraries in 1977 (MS 1977-48).

Return to Table of Contents »


Controlled Access Headings

Geographic Name(s)

  • Spokane (Wash.) -- History

Personal Name(s)

  • Hislop, George

Subject(s)

  • Agriculture -- Washington (State)
  • Sheep -- Washington (State)

Return to Table of Contents »